Badly need a food processor? Gets confused which would be the best food processor for you? Will it be affordable or expensive? If you get stuck into these questions, keep reading this article! Today I will present a comprehensive overview of food processors. So that, one can easily choose the best food processor for himself.
Which is The Best Food Processor
There are various food processors available in the markets. Almost all food processors can do a typical task such as slicing, chopping, or mixing. Moreover, some food processors feature additional accessories and functions. But whether a food processor will work best for you depend on what you want it to do! For some people, blender works better than a food processor and vice versa.
Therefore, in this article, I will try to give a comprehensive overview of the best food processor, some famous food processor brands, and customer’s opinions as well. Without much delay, let’s begin!
What is Food processor?
A food processor is simply a kitchen appliance used to speed up repetitive tasks in food preparation. There are both electric and manual food processors available. While blenders and food processors are often synonymously used, a food processor is mainly for dry food and can do much more than a blender. Standard processors can chop, slice, shred and grate food with its attachments. Some expensive models have a capacity for wet food. They usually use several blades for different purposes.
Types of Food Processor
Food processor can vary based on their performed functions. They can be categorized into the following types:
- Blenders: blenders are mainly used for mixing wet ingredients and to make liquid foods such as soup, smoothie, juice, etc.
- Hand-operated food choppers: Instead of electric support, these hand-operated food choppers work manually.
- Cheese graters: it is mainly convenient for shredding cheese perfectly
- Mandolines: used for shredding or grating foods
- Juicers: Juicers process fruits and vegetables in a way that separates the
the juice from the pulp
- Salad slicers: These food processors are designed to hold several vegetables in the bowl while slicing them directly into a salad dish
Usage a Food Processor
The versatility of the processors has opened different ways of food processing. One can use a food processor based on his need, from chopping to dough kneading! Other usages may include:
- Grinding Meat
- Chopping, shredding, and slicing fruits and vegetables
- Large pieces of frozen fruit and ice to make desserts
- Pasta, bread dough, pizza dough can be made in a food processor that has a large
- capacity with a powerful motor
- Baby food, smooth soups, any types of juice can be made into purees
Benefits of a Food Processor
- A food processor can make lengthy food processing shorter and easier!
- It boosts up the speed by removing repetitive tasks such as chopping, slicing, shredding, and grating.
- This tool accelerates creating various recipes using a quick and powerful blade from preparing a sauce to a dessert.
- Using a food processor is a healthy way to prepare any food because one can do several tasks in a tool and without any hand contact!
Best Food Processors
There are several food processor brands that claim to be the best. Among them, Ninja, Nutri-bullet, Cuisinart, Breville, Kitchen Aid are highly renowned. Here’s a short review of them!
Cuisinart Food Processor
Cuisinart is the name that will come up sooner or later while thinking of one of the best food processors. Cuisinart is the oldest food processor brand in the US. They have produced a variety of food processors over the years. Among them, Cuisinart Custom 14 Food Processor, Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY are super popular in recent years! Cuisinart food processor’s common traits may include sturdy enough, easy manual control, measurement markings in the bowl, dish washer safe for easy cleaning facility!
Ninja Food Processor
Ninja is also an American company like Cuisinart that “born and raised” on U.S soil. Carrying the nation’s pride, the company aims to facile the busy life with multi-functional food processors. They have several prominent food processor models such as Ninja BN601, Ninja BL660, Ninja BL770, etc. If you are looking for a food processor at a reasonable price, you can surely check out these models!
Magimix Food Processor
Magimixis one of the world’s best food processor brands! All of their food processors are manufactured in Burgundy, France. Moreover, these food processors are completely BPA free which is also hygienic. You will also get a powerful & efficient ultra-quiet induction motor with a 30-year guarantee. Their Magimix 5200XL, Magimix 4200 XLare very popular and are some of the best food processors!
Best Food Processor For Kneading Dough
Though dough kneading in a food processor seems weird, but a proper food processor can make this difficult task super easier! However, despite some limitations, food processors can actually be wholesome for dough kneading. Some of the best food processor for kneading dough, the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY is our first choice. You can also check out Hamilton Beach 70725A, Breville BFP660SIL, Ninja BL770 as well!
- Can You Put A Food Processor in A Dishwasher?
Almost all food processors have dish-washable parts. One can only clean those parts in the dish-washer. But never put the motor housing of your food processor in a dishwasher or water.
- What Should You Do When Food Processor Suddenly Stops to Work While Using It?
Generally, there is a safety fuse to minimize the risks of motor loads. If the food processor gets stopped, one needs to turn off the appliance and cool for about 15 to 20 minutes. Afterward, it should be good to go! Generally, there is a safety fuse to minimize the risks of motor loads.
- What should I look for when buying a food processor?
Always focus on a food processor’s feature to be assured your food processor can do the task for which you have bought it. Besides this, the capacity, power of the motor, blades, and cleaning process should be in consideration.
- How to choose the proper size of a food processor?
The size of the food processor depends on the number of persons one is cooking for. If you’re cooking for a family of four, an 11-cup size food processor will be sufficient.
We hope that through our article, you have attained an overall idea on the food processor, and we were able to clear things up a bit and help you eventually find the best food processor possible. According to us, The Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor, Magimix5200XL, is the best food processors. These two have all the features that you are aspiring for in a food processor. But let’s not forget to take proper care of the food processor for longer durability!