We are living in the 21st century and able to see a lot of scientific innovations. Like in the previous generation we were unable to detect our car problem. The reason is the lack of devices and detectors. But now we can easily find out our car or machine problem through a device.
Today, we are going to talk about the Best Professional Automotive Diagnostic Scanner. Mainly the best automotive scan tools in one kind of electrical tool help to modules and reprogram vehicle control. There is a lot of automotive diagnostic scanner to buy to use. But a good quality scanner will help to find out or detect problems easily. Let’s find out some good quality scanners.
Best Professional Automotive Diagnostic Scanner: Okay, Then Let’s Talk about This Conclusion
Nowadays a professional mechanic or car repairer don’t have to spend their time in detecting problem. And the reason is the availability of an automotive diagnostic scanner in the market. If you have an automotive diagnostic scanner along with you.
Then you don’t have to go to a workshop or run after for a mechanic. You can easily find out your problem on your own with the help of an automotive diagnostic scanner. There is a lot of automotive diagnostic scanner. Let’s find out some best of them.
Here is a list of some best professional automotive diagnostic scanner:
- Innova 3160g Pro OBD2 Scanner
- AutelMaxiCOM MK808TS TPMS Scanner
- AUTOPHIX OM129 Auto Code Reader
- AutelMaxisys MS906 Diagnostic scanner
- AutelMaxiCOM MK808TS Scanner
- THINKOBD100 Engine fault code Reader
- AutelMaxisys Elite
- LAUNCH OBD2 CR529 Vehicle Code Reader
- Bafx Products OBD2 Wireless Bluetooth
- OBD2 Scan Tool wired car diagnostic scanner
So these are some of the best professional automotive diagnostic scanners to buy to use. Let’s talk about them in detail.
- Capable of checking ABS, SRS Light
- Easily diagnose to check engine light
- Feature of freezing data and read live data
- Bluetooth for easy connectivity
This scanner comes with the features of Bluetooth. You can connect your device into any car containing Bluetooth on it. You are able to diagnosis your car after a quick setup and it is user-friendly.
Also, this scanner able to detect problems also checks engine light, features of reading live data, and many more. You can also use this device in hybrid and light trucks So, let’s know about its pros and cons.
So, these are the features and pros and cons of Innova3160g Pro OBD2 Scanner. You can diagnose your car with this advanced device.
- Touch display
- Good battery backup of up to 4.5 hours
- Wifi connectivity
- Easy updates
- BMS, EPB, DPF, SAS, and oil reset services
This MaxiCom machine is a good quality diagnostic scanner tool. This device supports various functions like are BMS, EPB, DPF, SAS, and oil reset services, and many more. These functions will help you as a user to find all the errors and solve them properly. This device has a touch display which is 7 inches.
The battery performance is amazing which will support you to continue to operate it for 4.5 hours. This is a perfect machine for users who want to do professional tasks.you can update this device through a wifi connection. The Android system is supported in the device.
- Easy to use and large colorful display
- Record, playback and read vehicle information and DTC
- Supports various languages
- Capable of checking engine light, battery voltage test and many more
AUTOPHIX OM129 Auto Code Reader is a powerful tool to do professional work. It comes with vast features like battery voltage test, checks engine light, scans the healthy status of the vehicle’s engine.
This device able to stream data and freeze the data also provide vehicle information. You can also check the battery voltage. An interesting part of this device supports different languages like English, French, Spanish, German. Let’s talk about its pros and cons.
- Comes with Autovin Technology
- Powerful chipset
- Inbuilt camera
- Special function for SRS, ABS, Oil reset
MS906 Maxisys comes with a powerful chipset and it is an advanced device. Also, can control the screen through touch. This one looks like a tab and runs with an Exynos Samsung chip. In this, will get a built-in camera.
This device also provides you more information because of it’s a big-screen display. Also, you will get a bigger battery in this device to operate the device. It comes with a 5000mah battery. Also, will get Autovin.
You can perform professional functions like ECU coding, ABS, SRS, and Oil reset. But the saddest thing is it only works for BMW and Benz. Now let’s know about its pros and cons.
- Wireless scanner
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Can operate oil reset, TPMS service
This AutelMaxicom MK808 TS is a combination of Maxicom TS608 and MK808BT. This device is slightly costly than other devices. The reason is it is a combination of two devices. In this, will get 32 GB storage to store your data.
You can perform a quick diagnosis through this device because of the faster chipset and inbuilt 32gb storage. It has Bluetooth connectivity to connect any car with Bluetooth connection and it cover-up 750meter. Let’s know about its pros and cons.
- Functionality to OE level
- The advanced function of ECU programming
- Tire reset
- DPR reset
AutelMaxisys Elite is a professional scanner to do professional work at a workshop or repair shop. This device has an advanced function of ECU programming and functionality of the OE level. With this, you will also erase your codes and read codes too.
You can also perform ECU programming, tire reset, throttle matching, DPR reset. The interesting part is it updates automatically with an internet connection. So, you don’t need to update the device manually.
Also, this device stores customer information, diagnosis data as well as vehicle information too. And you don’t need to worry about its durability. Because they provide a plastic case along with the device. Let’s know about its pros and cons.
- Clear and Read fault code of the engine
- Can check engine light
- Live data support
This device is a cheap device but on the other hand efficient too. Because it can read and erase code. You can also check VIN through this device. You can also see live-data stream, DTC library, on-board monitoring & many more functions.
It has a good grip on hand so no need to panic about gripping the device. Also, this device is lightweight and easy to carry anywhere.comes with the feature of the OBD2 function. The weight of this device is only 7.2 ounces.
This device is cheap in price but you can’t imagine this device. You can read and erase the fault engine code of a car. Also, you are able to detect quickly failure of a car check engine light too. Now let’s know about its pros and cons.
These are the pros and cons of THINKOBD100 Engine fault code Reader.
- An OBD2 machine
- DTS lookup
- Able to freeze data
This is a professional scanner for checking engine light as well as read vehicle code. This is an OBD2 and supports almost every car in the European region. You can read and erase the code of a vehicle with this device.
User-friendly interface to operate the device perfectly. It has a DTS lookup and freezes data. The amazing part of this device is it will increase your vehicle lifespan. You can check the engine light of your vehicle.
An interesting fact is you will get a lifetime software update in this scanner. And when you buy this scanner you will get preinstalled software in this device. And you get an option to update the device automatically and manually too.
The prices of this scanner are a little bit high than it’s configuration. But it is a useful device too everyone loves to use this device because it’s lightweight. Actually this is an upgraded version of 319. Let’s talk about its pros and cons.
Hope these pros and cons help you to buy LAUNCH OBD2 CR529 Vehicle Code Reader.
- Bluetooth scanner
- Able to check real-time data
This is a wireless and Bluetooth scanner. You can connect the device using Bluetooth. It also, allows you to connect the device with your phone to check real-time data and send or check vehicle information.
Also, able to check and read the Engine light too. Actually this device is helpful because it saves your time to go to a repair shop. You can repair or detect your car problem using this device. It allows you to check vehicles sensor and check and read codes too.
Also, this device offers you to see oil temperature but not allows you to erase or read ABS code. you can connect this scanner in an android device too. But many of us worry about connecting to ios or mac devices.
No need to panic you can go for the wifi version of this scanner to connect to your ios device through wifi connectivity.you will also get a 2-year warranty in this device. Now let’s talk about the pros and cons of this device.
So, these are the pros and cons of Bafx Products OBD2 Wireless Bluetooth.
- The wired version of the OBD2 diagnostic car scanner
- Professional device
- Short wire
This is a wired version of the OBD2 diagnostic car scanner. It comes with a wire and has to connect the device in your car with the wire of this device. If you follow the quick guide setup you can diagnose your car within a minute.
Also, this is a professional device to use. Though it is backdated in this modern time but useful too. The main problem of the wire is you are unable to move from one place to another place. Because of short wire.
If you have this device then you can save your time and money too. Having this one then you don’t need to go to a repair shop. You can easily find out or detect your problem. Now let’s talk about its pros and cons.
So, these are some pros and cons of the OBD2 Scan Tool wired car diagnostic scanner.
How Do You Use a Car Diagnostic Scanner?
Never make the mistake of thinking that a diagnostic tool is a magical solution to fix all of your vehicular problems. This tool is not gonna fix flat or replace the windscreen. If this happens that means the AI which is built-in has become a little more intelligent. In a point of fact, most of the basic diagnostic tools are gonna make you fool when the Check Engine light is on. So, if you want to get the proper use of the tool, you must know when you have to use it.
- The time when the Check Engine light is on: Mind it, the light is apparently always on, still when the engine is not dropping out? This ordinary little light is illustrating a number of different troubles that can occur anywhere in your transmission, exhaust systems, or engine. So, the diagnostic tool will get the job done if you try to understand what the light is trying to say instead of denying it.
- Record statistics/performances of vehicles: There are many higher capable or advanced car diagnostic devices that can do more than just reading engine codes. Therefore, more advanced tools are able to take live data quantities of the car’s systems to help you to set up the fine-tune.
Things That You Will Need to Work with a Scanner!
Diagnosing the troubling issues on paper that your vehicle is able to detect is real easy. There is no need for a higher or a superior level of mechanical skill. All you need is a diagnostic tool and a vehicle and that specialized tool will work on the process of problem finding and fixing which is gonna fix the car.
- OBD-II Diagnostic Scanner Tool: This tool allows you to read the onboard diagnostic codes that your car generates when it finds out a problem.
- Before 1996 Model Car: There will be an OBD2 port and diagnostic system to work with the diagnostic tool in a vehicle that was made after 1996. If you have a car that is older than 1996, you may have to identify the issue in an old-fashioned way, for example, crack open the hood and find out the problem or take it to the professional.
Some Basic Preparation before Using the Scanner
Before you work with a diagnostic scanner you must make some preparations. Here, we are gonna discuss it.
Using a diagnostic scanner tool is exactly as simple as plugging in the device and turning on everything. The technique is to find out the right port and evaluate how to work the device.
- First of all, locate your car’s OBD-II port. Mostly, it is situated near the underneath the dashboard, steering wheel. But only a few cars have the port on somewhere around the center console or on the passenger side. For specific details, you need to check your car’s user manual.
- Before plugging in the automotive scan tool into the OBD-II port you need to turn off the car.
Diagnostic tools can be quite similar in design and function. Though some offer more features like reading capabilities or advanced statistics, nearly all of them are plug-and-scan. Consequently, there is only one procedure you really need to follow.
How Do You Use a Diagnostic Code Reader?
The primary idea of using a diagnostic scanner is to get the diagnostic trouble codes that your vehicle automatically records when it discovers trouble. When you take it to the garage this is the exact same procedure which mechanics use, just with more expert and much more capable equipment.
PLUGGING IN THE DIAGNOSTIC SCAN TOOL INTO THE OBD-II PORT
Diagnostic tools download statistics from a vehicle’s onboard diagnostic scanner (OBD-II) port. This global access port will give you a virtual approach to anything the vehicle detects in terms of the situation. You need to apply a little trick to the setup to access the information.
- Plugging in the end connector into the vehicle’s OBD-II port. Ensure that you get the best, secure fit so the tool can connect with the vehicle’s onboard computer.
- Turning on the car. If your car is able to store the codes of cars in memory then you don’t need to start the engine. All the way you will have to start up the car if your car engine has to keep working then its onboard computer will monitor its health in real-time.
READING THE CODES OF CAR
The main key to the diagnostic process is the particular codes your vehicle creates when it discovers the situation. The diagnostic tool can download and understand these codes so you get to know what isn’t working. Reading these codes by yourself is a stupid decision as it looks like a total mess.
- Turning the diagnostic tool on. There should be a common power button somewhere on the basic equipment unit.
- The diagnostic scanner access. When it’s powered on some diagnostic scanning devices will start automatically reading codes of cars.
- Data recording. After completing the scan without wasting more time, the device may show the specific error or the trouble codes it finds out. Make sure that you have a list of the trouble codes unless you have a detailed explanation of what the scanner code means.
- Codes clearing (Optional). You can use the diagnostic tool to clear the warning light if possible to keep the check engine light off.
Looking at the trouble codes looks nonsense. And it is a normal fact. To understand the fact, for translating the error or problem codes into the simple language you will need one of the best car code readers.
- Option 1: Searching online for trouble codes. You will get the information you need from the automotive or manufacturer websites through a simple search of the codes you will give.
- Option 2: Using special software. Some third-party computer programs can download the trouble codes directly from the desktop or laptop and read the information from the diagnostic tool.
- Option 3: Reading the codes from the scanning diagnostic device directly. Some advanced devices will provide you with the codes directly which you will need to interpret to get the proper information. But, you should have a basic knowledge of the issues.
As you got some basic diagnostic information, now it is the perfect time to be ready for the fixing of parts. This last level of steps of the process will depend on your mechanical experience and skill level completely.
- Option 1: Fixing the problem by yourself. The trouble codes and descriptions you have should offer a good starting point to find and fix the issue if you have some skill and experience of automotive repair.
- Option 2: Hiring a pro mechanic. If you lack experience or the tools which are necessary to solve the problems on your own, it’s a smart and perfect option to hire a pro-level mechanic. Some repairings which are automotive are too costly, but you can easily spend more money on specialty tools or fixing your mistakes by hiring a professional mechanic.
How Long Does a Diagnostic Test Take for a Car?
Sometimes customers have many questions in their minds, such as, “How long a car diagnostic test will take?” or “How much does it cost?”. These questions have validation for the vehicle owners who believe that they badly need some type of car repair. After knowing the problem, you can decide what you really need to repair and when the repair needs to be done for your car.
If you are in need of reputable car repairing, you should contact technicians who are ASE Certified at Dependable Car Care and also if you want more information about a diagnostic test and for the schedule of an appointment.
How Much is AutoZone Diagnostic?
Okay, from our research, we got to know that if you are willing to conduct the diagnostic tasks from AutoZone then you will need to spend about $200. You will have a proper service from them.
Buying Guides for the Best Professional Automotive Diagnostic Scanner!
Some facts that you should keep in mind while you are about to buy a scanning device. Here, they are-
- Types of Diagnostic Scan Tools
- Easy to use
- Other Factors
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Should I get a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner?
Answer: If you want to work from home and you will need an advanced function device, then you should go for this type of scanning device.
What does “I am Readiness” mean?
Answer: Readiness means that the device is able to check the vehicles and is able to do the scanning task without the help of users.
In the review of the best professional automotive diagnostic scanner, we tried our level best to bring the proper information to you guys. We researched a lot to collect valuable information for the potential and interested consumers. To know more, you guys are most welcome to knock us and get what you want.