Isn’t it annoying when you have to keep the garbage away before washing the dishes? Yes, you do. Everyone wants to get rid of food waste. But actually, there was no eco-friendly way of garbage disposal. If you wash your dishes with food waste, there will be a chance of blocking sewage pipes. But now, there is a solution. There is a way of disposing of the food waste environment almost effortlessly.
Yes, I am here to give you a review of garbage disposal. If you are looking for the Waste King L-8000 reviews, you are in the right place. The Waste king has an excellent reputation for disposing of both commercial and residential garbage. So, there is no time waste. Let’s get started.
Waste King L-8000 Reviews
The Compact and powerful Waste King L-8000 garbage disposal helps to keep your sink and kitchen clean. As garbage disposal, the L-8000 has some specific works to do. We should know the features, advantages, and limitations of the garbage disposal.
- High-speed horsepower motor.
- The permanent magnetic motor gains full speed in second.
- Corrosion-free polymer grind chamber with stainless-steel rust-free impellers.
- A manual reset button ensures the emergency shut down of the machine.
- Sink-mounted air switch or wall switch are the ways to on/off the machine.
- There has a splash guard.
- Glass-filled nylon made a grinding chamber.
- Continuous feed technology included.
Motor – 1HP
Motor RPM – 2800
Power Cord – 32 inches
Mount System – EZ mount
Feed Type – Continuous
Septic tank – Enable
Grinding Ring – Stainless steel.
Impellers Material – Cast stainless steel
Grinding Chamber – Glassed-filled nylon
Dimension – 8.5 x 8.5 x 16 inches
Weight – 11.94 pounds
Things to know about Waste King L-8000 Garbage Disposal
You’ve already known the features and specifications of the Waste King L-8000. Its time to know detail about its motor, grinding chamber, and many more. You’ll get a precise idea of the L-8000.
The motor shows the most significant difference between Insinkerator Evolution and Waste King L-8000. In L-8000, there has a fast permanent magnet motor that revolves faster. The magnet motor is a perfect choice instead of an induction motor. Magnet motor makes less noise and faster than the induction motor.
In Waste King L-8000, the motor is 1 HP (750 W). I am sure you do not doubt that 1 HP is capable of handling a large family’s food waste. Food waste like bones, cobs, and rinds are no challenge for its heavy-duty impellers.
The turntable, the grind ring, and the impellers all of them has a stainless-steel structure. Stainless steel is an appeasement choice for home use. Also, the grinding chamber is crafted from glass-filled nylon. Glass-filled nylon is 100% corrosion resistant. So, there is no chance of being rust in the chamber.
At this price, the Waste King L-8000 in providing sound insulation. It would help if you understood that you wouldn’t find any specialized soundproof technology at this budget price. You have to spend over $150 to get a soundproof garbage disposal. That’s why you have to accept the noise, but the good thing is the Waste King L-8000 creates less sound than waste king 2600.
It’ll impress you most I can bet. The Waste King L-8000 is more comfortable to install for its complete and straight forward instructions. All you need is just some basic hand tools and plumber’s putty. They provide all of the mountings.
Sometimes we want to join the garbage disposal with a dishwasher. In that case, you need a hook-up kit. The L-8000 comes with a 3-screw flange set up design. You could install the machine in standard position or special sink considerations with a 3-screw flange method.
- Plumbers putty
- Adjustable Pliers
Don’t get tensed about waste king 8000 warranty. The warranty the L-8000 is offering will make you feel over the moon. It is offering the most extended warranty in of garbage disposal industry. Also, the warranty is workable for only the original owner. Besides, the number of satisfied consumers growing high day by day as the consumers are happy about waste king customer service.
Benefits of Using Waste King L-8000
- The sleek and compact design garbage disposal is an excellent addition to help to sink and kitchen clean.
- The EZ mount system allows us to install it easily.
- A removable splash guard helps to clean the disposal and retrieve dropped things easily.
- You can activate the L-8000 via a wall switch or sink mounted air switch as it has 32-inches long power cord.
- How can I know my garbage disposal is jammed?
– You can find the jammed garbage disposal by seeing 3 signs. Noise will be different. Usually, you’ll find disposing noise is different than jamming noise. Also, visible waste is another sign. The untidy mess will appear at the sink flange or splash guard during operation. And the final one is, the smell of rotten food will come from inside the sink.
- How am I able to select the right disposal?
– Normally, a family of 4+ people needs 1 HP heavy-duty garbage disposal. And a family of 2-4 people needs ¾ HP Medium-duty disposal. Also, it depends on the habit of cooking.
- Are disposals secure for use on the septic system?
– No doubt. Waste King L- 8000, waste king 111, and waste king 1001all are safe to use on the septic system. You have to find the best size for your septic system.
I don’t need to remind you that Waste King is already a popular name among the garbage disposal industry. There is no surprise about its product. They all are durable, reliable, and purchasable. All of the Waste King Legend Series comes with a lifetime warranty. Among the Legend series, L-8000 will make you satisfied in every way.