The Eccotemp i12 LP review shows that this Tankless Water Heater is unique in design and can easily be differentiated from other water heaters available on the market. You may easily opt for the Eccotemp i12-LP to set in vacation cabins, apartments, condos, cottages, and smaller homes as well as small commercial applications.
The compact and wall-mounted Eccotemp i12 LP indoor tankless water heater attracts its consumers with its fully automated control system. It has been an ideal option for its feature of low energy consumption.
The upgraded PCB – Product Control Board, performance, and new gas modulating valve, of the water heater have given the consumers a good experience regarding temperature performance at an affordable.
Eccotemp i12 LP Water Heater
Eccotemp I12 LP Installation Manual
Installation of it is not that much tiresome. All the necessary equipment comes with it in the same pack. Following the manual is enough to get it ready to use. Things included in the pack are :
- Instruction Manual
- Wall Thimble
- Hardware Pack
- 2 1/2″ 90-Degree Elbow with Backflow Preventer
- 120-volt UL Listed Power Cord
- 2 1/2″ x 20″ Termination Pipe
- Liquid Propane Tankless Water Heater
Get well acknowledged about the 10/120-volt UL listed power cord. Because it supplies power to the internal Exhaust Fan, Digital Display and PCB.
To get the best out of it, Eccotemp i12 LP is to be set at the height of 2000 ft. If you exceed the height it might interrupt the total system. Using and setting the heater above 500ft is prohibited.
Another precautionary note is that under no circumstance it cannot be used for hydronic systems, recirculating systems, or floor heating.
Eccotemp i12 LP review has prioritized that it must be cleaned and descaled quarterly otherwise you might experience lime and sediment build-up inside the heater and you might lose your warranty coverage. You may opt for the service from the company’s patented Eccotemp EZ-Flush System Descaler Kit to meet the need for the heater’s cleanliness, energy efficiency, and durability.
Shipment of water heater includes Signature Required to ensure Eccotemp Systems LLC’s liability of lost or stolen packages.
Temperature Setting On i12 Tankless Water Heater
Eccotemp i12 Tankless Water Heater provides an automatic temperature-controlling system. It is just a matter of clicking on the front LED control panel. To get the desired level of hot water
You may easily control incoming water flow with the help of a built-in flow restrictor. The heater is flow-activated and able to adjust the gas flames to produce hot water as per requirement. You have no need to get origin about the children’s safety as there is a child lock system in this water heater.
To set the temperature on your water heater use the arrow mark found on the right side of the LED screen. Don’t get upset if the set temperature is not shown on the screen.
After setting the temperature the screen shows the current temperature at first. then it goes high and reaches the predetermined temperature point.
Note that, in winter the service you get, may not be the same as other seasons. Because in other seasons incoming water remains warmer. In winter incoming water becomes colder. So, you are to slow down the water flow, by adjusting the flow restrictor on the incoming water valve.
As a result, you will get an incoming water flow with a bit higher temperature. Plus (+) sign indicates increasing water flow and minus (-) sign refers to slowing down water flow.
The fact is the temperature of incoming water flow influences achievable temperature.
Key Features of Eccotemp i12 LP
The features that have attracted consumers are:
- A glossy, black tempered glass front paneling
- Fully automatic temperature controls for precision
- A touch screen with an LED temperature display, easy to use
- Child-lock technology
- Liquid Propane-powered
- Having a Horizontal Stainless Steel Vent Kit, fully prepared for installation
- Supplies power internal exhaust fan and digital display through 120-volt UL listed power cord
- An energy-saving appliance consumes only 1.07 Amps while functioning
- 1/2″ NPT water fittings
- 4 GPM water flow capacity
- Gas rate: 25,000 – 80,000 BTUs
- Water flow capacity:4.0 GPM
- Hot water capacity:0.6 – 4.8 GPM
- Temperature rise:35 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit ( at a flow rate of 4 GPM)
- Indoor installation
- Weighs about 29.00 lbs
- Dimension:15.70″ x 27.50″ x 10.90″
Eccotemp I12 Lp Troubleshooting
- Inadequate/No Hot Water: Possible causes of it are closed water shut off valve, half-opened hot water faucet, frozen water pipe, power cut no water supply, unit remaining ‘off’, etc.
- Too Hot Water: It may cause due to water filter clogging, setting too high a temperature, heating a small amount of water, opening the water shut-off valve not completely, etc. To get rid of this problem filter is to be cleaned with a toothbrush and water flow must be increased.
- Continuing Fan Rotation after Closing Hot Water Faucet: It may happen for the gathering of unburned gas for 10-15 seconds. Just check the error code, you will get the solution.
- Water Not Getting Warmer: You may get water not heated enough if you set the temperature low, the gas bulb remains half-closed,
The error codes found are as follows:
- E0 – Hot water sensor failure; Possible cause: loose junction port, short circuit. In this situation, you need a technician’s support.
- E1 – Ignition system failure; Possible cause: the gas valve remains closed or half-opened. closed water shut-off valve, loose junction port, etc. You may opt for checking and opening the gas and water valve fully.
- E2 – Creating flame when no water is coming in; It may happen due to an electric circuit problem.
- E3 – Over-heating protection; Dry combustion or problematic overheating controller may cause such problems.
- E5 – Pressure switch problem; Motor problem or low Voltage may create such problem.
- E6 – Over-heating; Causes may be high gas pressure, half-opened water shutoff valve, setting low temperature. You may check the shut-off valve and open it fully.
- E7 – Solenoid Valve; Open/ short Circuit of the valve are the probable cause of this. Try to solve the problem by connecting the valve or, replacing the valve or computer board.
- Which places are preferable for using Eccotemp i12 lp?
Apartments, cabins, townhomes, tiny homes, etc
- Does a tankless water heater meet your need?
Yes. A tankless water heater supplies hot water as much as you require. And it does so very fast.
- Should it be replaced after 20 years?
Average life span of a water heater is 8-12 years. But it needs monitoring.If there is any leakage at the base of the heater or any other noticeable problems, it means, it is high time to replace the water heater.
- Which computer board do you need?
Depending on the serial number of your water heater, you have to select a new computer board.
- How can you reset your Eccotemp tankless water heater?
To reset your Eccotemp tankless water heater you are to turn off the power button. Then press the red reset button firmly which is located at the center of the control panel.
Eccotemp i12 LP review of this tankless water heater has recognized it as one of the most advanced indoor models of the Eccotemp tankless line. It has been rated at an impressive 4.0 GPM with a temperature rise of 38 degrees and 80,000 BTU per hour.
68% of people rated it with a five star. Most of the reviews show that the Eccotemp i12-LP can meet the demand for required hot water.
The technology of Eccotemp’s advanced 0.7 GPM low flow ignition is highly user-friendly allowing them to enjoy a seamless supply of hot water. Hope this “Eccotemp i12 LP Review” post helps you.